Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another graveyard shift to face later....

Having another graveyard shift later this evening, as usual I will be restless and find things to do...

I wanted to just vacuum our bedroom, but ended up vacuuming the whole house cos I realized there's a lot of hair on the floor... and I suspected 60% of the hair used to be on my head...

And as usual, followed by my gastronomical experiment... this time it's a dish I managed to cook by lunch, right before my father-in-law came back from work... it's a delicacy invented by the Indians in Singapore... my favorite is the one sold at West Coast food centre... totally unbeatable...

My dish is somewhat a beginner standard I guess... during the process of cooking, I kept using the helpline... hehe... mum is just a phone call away... I feel so blessed... I guess my dish turns out a success... it tasted just the way I wanted it to... but father-in-law (my first victim) seems to produce vibes that tells me he's never tasted such a dish before...

My father in law's version doesn't include sugar, but mine does... I was so excited for him to taste my cooking I prepared his share before he could go to the kitchen to figure out what I cooked... I'm still dumbfounded whether he likes it or not...

Me: How was it? ( despite FIL just taking his first spoonful )

FIL: Hmm... (smile) it's okay...

Me: Okay..? As in... is the salt, sugar just nice? or too much?

FIL: You added sugar? it's okay... (smile/grimace?)

Me: Yup2... i wanted my version to be close to the Indian style... (smile)

FIL: tsk... tsk...

Me: Is it too spicy for you??!!

FIL: Nope... it's just nice... (smile)

He finished the whole bowl I prepared him... but I'm not sure whether he enjoyed his lunch cos he kept smiling...

Guess I have to wait for the next victim... hopefully it's hubby... my worst critic to date... followed by mum... :)

P.S. I'm currently updating my blog using my ipad... but still can't figure out how to add pictures here... haiz... there seems to be a glitch...

No comments: